Session 1: Toward Cultivating Connection
- Sense of Purpose, Loneliness, and Cognitive Health, Angelina Sutin, Ph.D.
- Examining the Influence of Social Media Experiences on Depression Among LGBTQ+ Persons, Cesar Escobar-Viera, M.D., Ph.D.
- Escobar-Viera CG, Shensa A, Sidani J, Primack BA, Marshal MP. Association between LGB sexual orientation and depression mediated by negative social media experiences: National survey study of US young adults. JMIR Mental Health, 2020 Dec;7(12):e23520. doi: 10.2196/23520. PMID: 33270041.
- Escobar-Viera CG, Shensa A, et al. “I don’t feel like the odd one”: Utilizing content analysis to compare the effects of social media use on well-being among sexual minority and nonminority US young adults. Am J Health Promo. 2020 Mar;34(3):285-93. doi: 10.1177/0890117119885517. Epub 2019 Nov 7. PMID: 316989192019.
- Escobar-Viera CG, Whitfield DL, et al. For better or for worse? A systematic review of the evidence on social media use and depression among lesbian, gay, and bisexual minorities. JMIR Ment Health. 2018;23;5(3):e10496. PMID: 30037786.
- Efficacy of Yoga Versus Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Versus Stress Education for the Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder: A Randomized Clinical Trial, Naomi Simon, M.D., M.Sc.
Session 2: New Rules of Engagement in BSS
- Fusing Ambient and Mobile Sensor Features into a Behaviorome for Predicting Clinical Health Scores, Diane Cook, Ph.D.
- Participant Engagement and Ethical Digital Storytelling: The MOCHA Moving Forward Study, Aline Gubrium, Ph.D., Luis Arturo Valdez, Ph.D., M.P.H., Albert Hubert
- Mullany A, Valdez L, Gubrium A, Buchanan D. Precarious work, health, and African American men: A qualitative study on perceptions and experiences. Int J Health Serv. 2021 Apr;51(2):135-45. doi: 10.1177/0020731420981850. Epub 2020 Dec 16. PMID: 33327847.
- Gubrium AC, Lowe S, Douglas H Jr, Scott L, Buchanan D. Participant engagement and ethical digital storytelling: The MOCHA Moving Forward Study. Int Q Community Health Educ. 2020 Jul;40(4):263-71. doi: 10.1177/0272684X19862931. Epub 2019 Jul 18. PMID: 31318635. Erratum in: Int Q Community Health Educ. 2021 Jan;41(2):225. doi: 10.1177/0272684X19885673. Epub 2019 Oct 16. PMID: 31619126.
- Gubrium AC, Hill AL, Flicker S. A situated practice of ethics for participatory visual and digital methods in public health research and practice: a focus on digital storytelling. Am J Public Health. 2014 Sep;104(9):1606-14. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2013.301310. Epub 2013 Aug 15. PMID: 23948015; PMCID: PMC4151912.
- Enhanced Perinatal Programs for People in Prisons, Rebecca Shlafer, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Session 3: Spatial and Structural Influences to Pay Attention to
- Daily Associations Between Minority Stress, Craving, Effect, and Nicotine Use Among Sexual Minority Youth Who Use Nicotine, Ethan Mereish, Ph.D.
- The Social Epidemiology of Sleep, Chandra Jackson, Ph.D.
Session 4: Innovating in a Year (or Two) That We Never Expected
- Face Covering, Physical Distancing, and Physical Activity Behaviors in Schools: Quantifying the Fidelity of Mitigation Strategies in the Midst of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Shlomit RadomAizik, Ph.D.
- Early Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior in Children Living in the United States, Genevieve Dunton, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Collective Action, Behavioral Models of Transmission, and COVID-19 Outcomes in Two Native South American Populations, Hillard Kaplan, Ph.D.