Information Systems and Web Technology
SCG designs, develops, and implements optimal methods and systems for synthesizing and distributing information to ensure applicability to users’ interests, including translating technical information into accessible, easy-to-read materials for the public. Our information systems incorporate text-based reporting and retrieval databases, tracking databases, Web-based data collection and reporting systems, and the latest website design and security technologies.
SCG’s information systems and Web technology services include:
- Database planning, design, implementation, and maintenance;
- Data collection, processing, and quality control;
- Operational support and user documentation;
- User training and technical support;
- Development and testing of custom questionnaires;
- Design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data/statistical analyses;
- Information center and clearinghouse services;
- Web-based multimedia publishing; and
- Web-based research data collection and reporting.
An online questionnaire used for NMRI members to identify opportunities to find or become mentors.
Fellowship Information Inventory (FII) used by EPA to track the progress and accomplishments of the Agency’s fellows during and after they complete their fellowships.
The User Requirements Registry (URR) is a versatile component of the GEOSS Common Infrastructure (GCI) for the collection and quantification of user-related information and a crowd-sourcing tool for the engagement of users with GEOSS.