Research and Analysis
SCG gathers, analyzes, customizes, and synthesizes technical data and information to meet the specific needs of our clients. We perform the research and analyses to help clients develop technical guidance to implement program policies, and strategies and plans to advance scientific knowledge to improve the quality of our lives and the environment in which we live.
Our services include:
- Research design and analysis of large data sets using state-of-the-art statistical techniques;
- Scientific literature review and synthesis;
- Manuscript preparation for publication in scientific journals;
- Quick-turnaround ad hoc analyses and reports;
- Descriptive and graphical presentations of analyses for research conferences and Internet dissemination;
- Survey design, implementation, and results analysis; and
- Focus group facilitation and results analysis.
SCG has researched and analyzed many topics related to cancer prevention, control, and treatment; diabetes and digestive diseases; kidney diseases; environmental pollution and health impacts; environmental technologies and site remediation; environmental impacts of building materials and consumer products; health and environmental research priorities; risk assessment; sustainability; and environmental justice.
Life cycle analysis and comparison of the environmental impacts of incandescent, compact fluorescent and LED lighting options.
Analysis of venture capital investment in environmental and green technologies and the important role it can play in furthering the commercialization of promising technologies to address our most complex environmental issues.
Epidemiologic study focusing on possible environmental causes of breast cancer to protect future generations from this disease.