POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL
You are invited to submit a poster to be displayed at the 2012 U.S. Areas of Concern (AOC) Annual Meeting. Posters can be no more than 4-ft x 6-ft in size and will attach to a freestanding poster board by pins or Velcro. A poster abstract must be submitted and approved to display a poster at the meeting. The posters will be displayed in a prominent area of the meeting foyer.
To comply with the meeting theme and topics, posters must fit into one of the following categories and be relevant to the Great Lakes:
Please address poster abstract queries to Mike Schultz, email@example.com.
- Sediment remediation
- Habitat restoration
- Beneficial Use Impairments (BUIs) removals
- AOC delistings
- Best practices to achieve BUI restoration targets
- How to build state and local capacity to implement on-the-ground and in-the-water restoration actions
- How to plan and implement AOC restoration priorities under the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- How to improve linkages and develop better integration between the AOCs, Lakewide Management Plans (LaMPs) and other Great Lakes programs
- Potential actions that could strengthen the U.S. and Canadian AOC Programs
Instructions for Abstract Preparation and Submission
- Please submit abstract files in WordPerfect or Microsoft Word format.
- Your abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- The first line of the abstract should contain the title in BOLD CAPITAL letters, followed by the author(s) and address(es). Please underscore the presenter’s name and include presenter email contact information. Skip one line and begin the text.
- At the bottom of the page, type the name, address, telephone and email address of the presenting author.
- The deadline for submitting abstracts is July 31, 2012, and should be emailed as an attachment to Mike Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label the Subject Line “AOC Meeting Poster Abstract” to ensure that the email filter does not exclude your submission. Your abstract will be reviewed, and you will be notified via e-mail shortly after the submission deadline if it has been accepted. Poster location, dates and times will be provided at that time.